Global warming denial refutation
|Global Warming portal|
Due largely to the efforts of very powerful entities with an interest in maintaining the status quo in energy-production, i.e. the oil industry, there has been an ongoing and well-funded media campaign to discredit the idea of global warming and its implications. This has led to both a large number of easily-refutable objections being widely circulated and to many of the same long-refuted arguments being brought up again and again.
The definitive collection of responses so far appears to be Coby Beck's "How to Talk to a Global Warming Skeptic", linked in the Reference section below.
- Global Warming & Climate Change Myths
- How to Talk to a Global Warming Sceptic by Coby Beck: an excellent collection of skeptical arguments-and-responses
- mirror with American spelling and somewhat better formatting, but articles are not listed all on the same page; may also be missing some articles.
- 2014-02-28 [L..T] Drought and Global Climate Change: An Analysis of Statements by Roger Pielke Jr I replied that the indicated comments by Dr. Pielke, and similar ones attributed by Senator Sessions to Dr. Roy Spencer of the University of Alabama, were not representative of main- stream views on this topic in the climate-science community; and I promised to provide for the record a more complete response with relevant scientific references.
- 2009-11-30 [L..T] Seven Answers to Climate Contrarian Nonsense “Within the community of scientists and others concerned about anthropogenic climate change, those whom Inhofe calls skeptics are more commonly termed contrarians, naysayers and denialists. ... What follows is only a partial list of the contrarians' bad arguments and some brief rebuttals of them.”