2004-02-15 Homosexual Marriage and Civilization/analysis
< 2004-02-15 Homosexual Marriage and Civilization(Redirected from Homosexual "Marriage" and Civilization)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Index to Sections
- 01 : (introduction) [add precis]
- 02 : Marriage Is Already Open to Everyone [add precis]
- 03 : Marrying Is Hard to Do [add precis]
- 04 : The War On Marriage [add precis]
- 05 : Marriage Is Everybody's Business [add precis]
- 06 : Civilization Is Rooted in Reproductive Security [add precis]
- 07 : Balancing Family and Society [add precis]
- 08 : America's Anti-Family Experiment [add precis]
- 09 : Humpty Has Struck Before OSC states as fact that the hetero-binary-nuclear family is the only type of family that is really a family, and other family-types are not actually families. (redefining "family")
- 10 : The Propaganda Mill «anyone who tries to teach children to aspire to create a child-centered family with a father and a mother will be labeled as a bigot and accused of hate speech.» Sounds so unfair, doesn't it.
- 11 : Loss of Trust [add precis]
- 12 : They Think They Have the Power [add precis]
- 13 : Response to Letter [add precis]
01 : (introduction) (outline)
- Allowing homosexuals to "marry" would:
- change the definition of "marry"
- represent a sweeping change to (American) society
- not be supported by the Constitution
- be yet another potentially devastating social experiment
- ...without any prior examination of the possible effects
- ...without any attempt to determine if American citizens want whatever effects seem likely
- "The Left" is trying to make this happen against the will of the American citizenry
02 : Marriage Is Already Open to Everyone (outline)
- Gays are already free to marry opposite-sex partners, and are therefore not currently being discriminated against.
- In order to claim discrimination, they have to change the definition of "marriage".
- Society does not benefit in any way from labeling the bonding of homosexual lovers as "marriage".
03 : Marrying Is Hard to Do (outline)
- The social need for man-woman unions is apparently very strong:
- Men and women naturally segregate from each other
- And yet the union of a man and a woman has been a cultural imperative for all of human history
- Children learn their sex roles from the parent which matches their sex
- The Left would like to see the learning of sex roles break down (which is why they support gay marriage)
- If the breakdown in learning of sex roles causes problems, The Left will use this as a pretext to further break down the family
04 : The War On Marriage (outline)
- Marriage is in the process of being systematically destroyed.
- This is evidenced by the dramatic increase in divorces and the number of children who are born out of wedlock and grow up without a father.
- This destruction has been going on for two generations.
- The lives of children who grow up with one parent missing are "deformed"
- Growing up with one parent missing is worse than growing up poor, even if you have plenty of money
- When one parent is missing, it is usually the father
- Only fathers can:
- laying down the groundwork for a sense of moral judgment
- give praise that is believable
- believable praise is necessary for genuine self-confidence
- Concession: some marriages are bad for the kids, and some divorced parents are able to raise kids jointly
- ...but most kids would rather have both parents at home
- Most kids would prefer that parents acquire the strength or maturity to change their behaviors so no divorce would be necessary
05 : Marriage Is Everybody's Business (outline)
06 : Civilization Is Rooted in Reproductive Security (outline)
07 : Balancing Family and Society (outline)
08 : America's Anti-Family Experiment (outline)
09 : Humpty Has Struck Before (outline)
10 : The Propaganda Mill (outline)
11 : Loss of Trust (outline)
12 : They Think They Have the Power (outline)
13 : Response to Letter (outline)