Jump to navigation Jump to search
Transgenderness, sometimes also called "trangenderism", is the quality of being transgender, i.e. identifying one's gender in a way that is different from how one was identified at birth.
It is also a social phenomenon in that:
- a significant percentage of humans are transgender, and
- this fact has only begun to be popularly and legally recognized within the past few decades, and
- transgender (aka "trans") people therefore tend to be socially marginalized and disempowered
- bigotry (usually driven by fearmongery) tends to focus on any marginalized group.
- TERFism is a reactionary gender essentialist ideology targeting trans people while masquerading as feminism.
- Transmisia is bigotry against trans people.
- Truscum are people who insist on a binary and interventionist definition of "transgender"
- Rates of violence against women vs. trans