Trump-Pence administration/week 04
2017-02-17 (Day 27, Friday)
- Donald Trump considers using national guard to round up immigrants, memo suggests "Draft memo calls for unprecedented militarization of immigration enforcement, including targeting undocumented people nowhere near Mexican border"
- A suspicious pattern is emerging for how the White House handles its most controversial plans
- Wait for a draft memo of a proposal to be leaked to the press.
- Refuse to comment when asked about the draft.
- Wait to dispute a story's accuracy until the story is published.
- Accuse the press of never having sought comment to begin with.
- Trump and Candidates for National Security Adviser Spar Over Staffing (via)
- When an admiral describes taking a top gov't job as 'a sh*t sandwich', you know we've got trouble (via)
- Paying for President Trump's travel and security costs (via): apparently he's destroying several small businesses that depend on the airport that serves Mar-a-Lago
- Trump ignores 'the grown-ups' in his Cabinet (via)
- Trump administration deals a big setback to Caltrain (via)
2017-02-18 (Day 28, Saturday)
- Memos signed by DHS secretary describe sweeping new guidelines for deporting illegal immigrants (via)
2017-02-19 (Day 29, Sunday)
- Because so much is happening in such a compressed timeframe, I'd just like to talk about the shoes dropped in the last 48 hours. (via): Tweetstorm by Eric Garland
- Democratic Member to Quit Election Commission, Setting Up Political Fight
- Dysfunction and Deadlock: the Ravel report
- discussion: Woozle on G+
2017-02-21 (Day 31, Tuesday)
- Obama's White House photographer is now America's foremost purveyor of anti-Trump Instagram shade (via)