User:Woozle/21st Century Primary School Curriculum
The following are areas of education which, although important in earlier ages, have become even more so. They are also largely overlooked, neglected, or even counteracted in most primary school curricula.
I know I've written out lists of specifics on this one at least once or twice, but at the moment I can't remember where.
- Identifying factual claims within various sources (news articles, advertising...)
- Spotting the major types of logical fallacy and rhetorical deception
- Detecting post-hoc justification (rationalization)
- Knowing your rights as a citizen in a free society, both in principle and (advanced) under specific laws
- Knowing how to judge reasonably when you are in the right vs. when you just "feel wronged" (so you don't erroneously excuse instances of genuine rights-violation as unfounded)
Questions I Can Answer
- How money works (by request from Tessa; need to get more specific questions).
- How power works.