Jump to navigation Jump to search
John McCain is a Republican senator from Arizona. He officially announced his candidacy for president (2008 election) on 2007-04-25, but lost to Barack Obama.
This page is a seed article. You can help Issuepedia water it: make a request to expand a given page and/or donate to help give us more writing-hours!
- McCain vs. Obama: comparison of the two major 2008 candidates
- WikiLeaks: John McCain US Presidential election Clinton strategy
- 2014/02/24 [L..T] Is the US backing neo-Nazis in Ukraine? John McCain and other State Department members have troubling ties to the ultra-nationalist Svoboda party.
- 2011/07/14 [L..T] Sen. John McCain Renews Push for Senate Committee to Halt WikiLeaks' Undermining of America
- 2008/05/11 [L..T] Three Names Shock Me... A substantial list of economists sign a statement supporting McCain's economic policy, but it is revealed that they are nowhere near the majority in their profession.
- 2014/04/09 [L..T] Retiring the A-10 Early Puts Troops' Lives at Risk
- 2008-02-11 john.he.is: McCain soundbites set to music, apparently a sendup of the Yes We Can - Barack Obama Music Video
- 2007-04-25 John McCain launches bid for White House
- 2007-01-12 McCain Defends Bush's Iraq Strategy
- McCain apparently tried to add an amendment (to the 2006 Department of Defense Appropriations Bill) which would have banned "torture and inhumane treatment of prisoners"; VP Cheney has been campaigning hard to have the amendment modified to exempt the CIA from the ban. This article apparently describes what ultimately happened.
- 'In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, when Sen. John McCain proposed that (Don) Young redirect his prized pork money to help rebuild New Orleans, Young accused his detractors of "ignorance and stupidity." The victims of Katrina, he suggested, "can kiss my ear!"' 
In reference to McCain's tendency to say "you know... whatever" whenever he's caught changing his opinion, denying what he said on video 2 months ago, being vague, etc:
|VOTE JOHN McCANE|
...well, you know. Whatever.