2000-01-18 Global Warming Is 300-Year-Old News
- title: Global Warming Is 300-Year-Old News
- when: 2000-01-18
- author: Arthur B. Robinson and Noah E. Robinson
- source: Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine
- topics: global warming/skepticism/arguments Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine
- link: http://www.oism.org/news/s49p1083.htm
- summary: “Unfortunately for advocates of the Kyoto treaty, atmospheric temperatures over the same two decades have not risen.”
Unfortunately for advocates of the Kyoto treaty, atmospheric temperatures over the same two decades have not risen. The climate model chosen to support the Kyoto plan -- a scheme to sharply reduce energy use -- predicts that atmospheric temperature should have risen by one degree to two degrees Fahrenheit over those 20 years. Yet satellites and weather balloons have shown no verifiable atmospheric temperature rise.
Isn't the Kyoto Protocol more about reducing carbon emissions than reducing energy usage? Claiming the latter smacks of a scare tactic to frighten people addicted to their current way of life, even if it doesn't actually threaten that addiction.