2008-11-05 O, woe is Texas
- when: 2008-11-05
- author: Ed Darrell
- source: Millard Fillmore's Bathtub
- topics: creationism anti-science US/TX US education Cynthia Dunbar US/TX/tate Board of Education
- link: http://timpanogos.wordpress.com/2008/11/05/is-our-children-learning-science-o-woe-is-texas/
- title: Is our children learning science? O, woe is Texas
- summary: “Dunbar was not worried about martial law when President George W. Bush actually took the steps she claims to worry about now, assigning troops to domestic crowd control in the U.S.”
Dunbar was not worried about martial law when President George W. Bush actually took the steps she claims to worry about now, assigning troops to domestic crowd control in the U.S. It’s the marriage of presidential power with the bizarre phantasms of “the Christian worldview” that makes Ms. Dunbar’s views so nutty. It’s her position on the Texas State Board of Education that makes her views troubling, if not downright dangerous.
Her statement is as crazy as if she had accused John McCain of being a communist sympathizer, and Manchurian candidate, for ‘having spent so much time schmoozing with North Vietnamese officials.’ It’s also every bit as offensive as such a claim would be.
One mystery remains: Do wacko views produce creationism, or does creationism produce these wacko views? We await the creationist who can make an argument in favor of creationism without making a detour off the deep end.