2014/03/02/Fox News host calls out Darrell Issa on Benghazi
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- when: 2014/03/02
- author: FreakOutNation/Anomaly
- source: FreakOutNation
- topics: 2012 Benghazi attack Darrell Issa Chris Wallace Fox News
- link: http://freakoutnation.com/2014/03/02/fox-news-host-calls-out-darrell-issa-for-highest-level-of-falsehood-on-benghazi/
- title: Fox News host calls out Darrell Issa for "highest level of falsehood" on Benghazi
- summary: Fox News host Chris Wallace on Sunday confronted Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) after he was rated as having the "highest level of falsehood" for his obsession with the terrorist attacks in Benghazi.
Last month, The Washington Post investigated Issa's recent suggestion that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had told Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta to "stand down" instead of letting the U.S. military fight the 2012 terrorist attack.
"Issa is crossing a line when he suggests there was no response – or a deliberate effort to hinder it," fact checker Glenn Kessler concluded.
A fact check last year had found that Issa was wrong to assert that Clinton approved an embassy cable in Libya because her "signature" was on it. In fact, the secretary's signature is stamped on all cables.
"For the second time, they gave you 'Four Pinocchios,' which is their highest level of falsehood," Wallace told Issa on Sunday.