2014/04/05/Anti-slavery and Universal Basic Income raise similar arguments
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- when: 2014/04/05
- author: Nicole Tin
- source: Citizen-Owned Democracy
- topics: income/ubiquitous slavery
- link: http://cod-democracy.blogspot.com/2014/04/anti-slavery-and-universal-basic-income.html
- title: Anti-slavery and Universal Basic Income raise similar arguments
- summary:"It is not surprising that anti-slavery and universal basic income raise similar arguments. Both are about emancipation of the suffering poor."
Anti-slavery aims to give some basic physical freedom. Universal basic income aims to give some basic monetary freedom, which will increase some physical freedom. For example, people will not be working in virtual slavery employment in order to have food on their table.