This page is for investigation into the idea that some forms of religion do so much net harm that they are worth fighting against in some way, where such fighting is not necessarily of a physical or legal nature; it could be as mild as educational or advertising campaigns (meme warfare) designed to expose the damage done by the religion in question, the flaws in its doctrine, and so on.
These books seem likely to be related to the topic of this page, but their contents have not actually been reviewed.
- Stealing Jesus: How Fundamentalism Betrays Christianity by Bruce Bawer, ISBN 0609802224
- Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism: A Bishop Rethinks the Meaning of Scripture by John Shelby Spong, ISBN 0060675187
- Rescuing Jesus from the Christians by Clayton Sullivan, ISBN 1563383802
- While Europe Slept: How Radical Islam is Destroying the West from Within by Bruce Bawer, ISBN 0385514727 (hb)
- The Myth of Islamic Tolerance: How Islamic Law Treats Non-Muslims by Robert Spencer, ISBN 1591022495 (hb)
- 2007-09-14 Child bride describes traumatic marriage to Warren Jeffs, leader of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, a polygamous breakaway sect of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- 2002-12-16 Ending Biblical Brainwash "For better mental and cultural health, it's time we classified religious fundamentalism as a psychological disorder": makes some good points, but proposed solutions seem risky and simplistic
- Fundies Say the Darndest Things
- Quotes From the Religious Right (mostly from Pat Robertson but including a few others such as Ralph Reed) (see also religious right)