They claim to be working towards the improvement of morality in American society, but their idea of what constitutes "morality" seems to be extremely poor; of all the religious groups and all the right-wing groups, the religious right seems to have the very worst grasp of morality. Religious right groups have shown that they are willing to use virtually any form of rhetorical deception – up to and including outright lies – in the service of this supposed morality; current examples include the religious right's ongoing fights against evolution and homosexuality.
Many (though perhaps not all) members of the religious right could also be described as Christofascists.
- Quiverfull "is a movement among conservative evangelical Protestant Christian couples chiefly in the United States, but with some adherents in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, England, and elsewhere. Its viewpoint is to eagerly receive children as blessings from God, eschewing all forms of birth control, including natural family planning and sterilization." -- sort of the ultimate pro-life position: quantity at any cost.
there are many more groups than listed here
- Campus Crusade for Christ, founded(?) by Bill Bright
- The Council for National Policy, founded by Tim LaHaye
- Focus on the Family, founded(?) by James Dobson
- The Moral Majority
- Bay of Fundie "Keeping the Radical Right at Bay" (punning reference to "Fundies", i.e. religious fundamentalists, and the Bay of Fundy)
- Liars for Jesus (partial content online)
- redirect template:links/smw