Jump to navigation Jump to search
Electoral fraud (also commonly called election fraudA) is the commission of fraud in an election by someone acting so as to influence how others vote or how their votes are recorded.
This page is a seed article. You can help Issuepedia water it: make a request to expand a given page and/or donate to help give us more writing-hours!
Electoral fraud is a serious problem, often caused by efforts supposedly intended to prevent voter fraud, which is practically nonexistent.
Types of election fraud include: ballot harvesting.
In the United States, electoral fraud tends to be overwhelmingly due to Republican and conservoid efforts rather than the efforts of Democrats, although there have been notable exceptions.
- 2012/10/20 [L..T] Harris-Perry: "Disgusting" voter-suppression tactics still spreading Besides billboards in Ohio and Wisconsin threatening enormous fines and prison sentences for "voter fraud," Harris-Perry noted the appearance of a Spanish-language billboard spotted in Pennsylvania telling voters, "Si Quieres Votar Muéstrala," or, "If you want to vote, show it," a reference to the state voter identification law that was largely struck down in court earlier this month.
- 2012/10/19 [L..T] Third instance of voter registration dumping found in Virginia A third instance of fraudulent voter registration has been uncovered in the important swing state of Virginia, where a Republican consultant has been arrested and thousands of discarded voter registration forms were recovered from a dumpster earlier this week.
- 2008/11/03 [L..T] How McCain Could Win An examination of recent voter purges and new voter "verification" practices enacted since 2004 paints a depressing scenario tomorrow for supporters of Obama and American democracy.
- 2008/08/06 [L..T] MO voter arrested for trying to vote «My son and I were grabbed by the arms and escorted outside. The two policemen who escorted us were soon joined by four others with two other squad cars. Surrounded, we were peppered by questions. Basically they were of the type, "Why are you bothering these people?" .. The answer, as clear as we could make it was, "We aren't bothering them! We are simply trying to vote, and these people are breaking Missouri State Statutes, preventing us from voting." .. The police responded, "Look, you are breaking their rules. If you don't get out of here, we are going to arrest you!" .. The question I had in response was, "Their rules? What rules? Those are employees of the Election Board, they are under the mandate of the Election Board, and then the SoS. Aren't you more concerned about the breaking of state laws?" As it turns out, apparently they were not.»
- GOP staffers fired after possible ‘ballot harvesting’ operation found in Pa.
- Judge bars MAGA election officials from midterms «When Mesa County Colorado Clerk and Recorder Tina Peters and her fellow deputy Belinda Knisley were busted for breaking all security protocols in order to tamper with voting machines, it led to questions about whether they were the only MAGA-aligned elections officials breaking the law. The answer was "probably not." The fact that Peters is now campaigning to take control of the state’s entire election system – challenging Democratic incumbent Secretary of State Jena Griswold in the upcoming election – while also being arrested a bunch for obstruction of justice has simply reinforced the belief that many of these election fascists are true zealots.»