Free speech trolling
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The underlying argument can be roughly paraphrased as "I have a right to say that you should shut up. If you disagree, then you're against free speech – so shut up and stop censoring me!"
- Someone who engages in free speech trolling with any degree of regularity (i.e. a free speech troll) may be either a FFSQW or possibly a FFN.
- Free speech trolling is a form of hypocrisy.
- Habitual misuse of the term "free speech" is often referred to as freeze peach.
Known Free Speech Trolls
- Milo Yiannopoulos: advocated for the firing of a university professor with whom he disagreed
- Ann Coulter: turned a necessary schedule change into 'liberal free speech suppression'
- Social Justice Wiki
- 2017-08-14 The 'Free Speech' Hypocrisy of Right-Wing Media
- 2017-06-08 What is going on in Wisconsin? by PZ Myers (reshare)
- 2015-05-29 In Defense of Protesting Commencement Speakers (archive) (discussion)
- 2014/05/29/Universities becoming bastions of intolerance
- commentary: Woozle
- 2008-11-25 [L..T] The price of dissent on global warming “According to official data, in every year since 1998, world temperatures have been getting colder, and in 2002 Arctic ice actually increased. Why, then, do we not hear about that?”