George W. Bush/impeachment/2008 resolution
It remains to be seen what will happen; the 110th US Congress has generally been very firm about pushing impeachment "off the table" – but as Dana at En Tequila Es Verdad points out, "Look, if Congress can impeach a President over a blow job, surely they can impeach a President whose fuckery can generate 35 articles of impeachment."
- redirect template:links/smw
ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT FOR PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH
Resolved, that President George W. Bush be impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors, and that the following articles of impeachment be exhibited to the United States Senate:
Articles of impeachment exhibited by the House of Representatives of the United States of America in the name of itself and of the people of the United States of America, in maintenance and support of its impeachment against President George W. Bush for high crimes and misdemeanors.
In his conduct while President of the United States, George W. Bush, in violation of his constitutional oath to faithfully execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has committed the following abuses of power.
- /Article I: Creating a Secret Propaganda Campaign to Manufacture a False Case for War Against Iraq.
- /Article II: Falsely, Systematically, and with Criminal Intent Conflating the Attacks of September 11, 2001, With Misrepresentation of Iraq as a Security Threat as Part of Fraudulent Justification for a War of Aggression.
- /Article III: Misleading the American People and Members of Congress to Believe Iraq Possessed Weapons of Mass Destruction, to Manufacture a False Case for War.
- /Article IV: Misleading the American People and Members of Congress to Believe Iraq Posed an Imminent Threat to the United States.
- /Article V: Illegally Misspending Funds to Secretly Begin a War of Aggression.
- /Article VI: Invading Iraq in Violation of the Requirements of HJRes114.
- /Article VII: Invading Iraq Absent a Declaration of War.
- /Article VIII: Invading Iraq, A Sovereign Nation, in Violation of the UN Charter.
- /Article IX: Failing to Provide Troops With Body Armor and Vehicle Armor
- /Article X: Falsifying Accounts of US Troop Deaths and Injuries for Political Purposes
- /Article XI: Establishment of Permanent U.S. Military Bases in Iraq
- /Article XII: Initiating a War Against Iraq for Control of That Nation's Natural Resources
- /Article XIII: Creating a Secret Task Force to Develop Energy and Military Policies With Respect to Iraq and Other Countries
- /Article XIV, Plame Affair: Misprision of a Felony, Misuse and Exposure of Classified Information And Obstruction of Justice in the Matter of Valerie Plame Wilson, Clandestine Agent of the Central Intelligence Agency
- /Article XV: Providing Immunity from Prosecution for Criminal Contractors in Iraq
- /Article XVI: Reckless Misspending and Waste of U.S. Tax Dollars in Connection With Iraq and US Contractors
- /Article XVII, Illegal Detention: Detaining Indefinitely And Without Charge Persons Both U.S. Citizens and Foreign Captives
- /Article XVIII, Torture: Secretly Authorizing, and Encouraging the Use of Torture Against Captives in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Other Places, as a Matter of Official Policy
- /Article XIX, Rendition: Kidnapping People and Taking Them Against Their Will to "Black Sites" Located in Other Nations, Including Nations Known to Practice Torture
- /Article XX: Imprisoning Children
- /Article XXI: Misleading Congress and the American People About Threats from Iran, and Supporting Terrorist Organizations Within Iran, With the Goal of Overthrowing the Iranian Government
- /Article XXII: Creating Secret Laws
- /Article XXIII: Violation of the Posse Comitatus Act
- /Article XXIV: Spying on American Citizens, Without a Court-Ordered Warrant, in Violation of the Law and the Fourth Amendment
- /Article XXV: Directing Telecommunications Companies to Create an Illegal and Unconstitutional Database of the Private Telephone Numbers and Emails of American Citizens
- /Article XXVI: Announcing the Intent to Violate Laws with Signing Statements
- /Article XXVII: Failing to Comply with Congressional Subpoenas and Instructing Former Employees Not to Comply
- /Article XXVIII: Tampering with Free and Fair Elections, Corruption of the Administration of Justice
- /Article XXIX: Conspiracy to Violate the Voting Rights Act of 1965
- /Article XXX: Misleading Congress and the American People in an Attempt to Destroy Medicare
- /Article XXXI, Katrina: Failure to Plan for the Predicted Disaster of Hurricane Katrina, Failure to Respond to a Civil Emergency
- /Article XXXII: Misleading Congress and the American People, Systematically Undermining Efforts to Address Global Climate Change
- /Article XXXIII: Repeatedly Ignored and Failed to Respond to High Level Intelligence Warnings of Planned Terrorist Attacks in the US, Prior to 911.
- /Article XXXIV: Obstruction of the Investigation into the Attacks of September 11, 2001
- /Article XXXV: Endangering the Health of 911 First Responders