The ongoing conflict between Israel and Palestine is perhaps the most complex unresolved issues in history, with both sides claiming horrible abuses by the other. Putting together a coherent picture will take much research and untangling of distortions and propaganda.
It is further complicated by the United States's ongoing unconditional support of Israel and the false advocacy of its lobbyists (AIPAC), which seems to permeate US public discourse on the conflict, as well as being a large unbalancing influence in global opinion on the matter.
The core dispute involves conflicting land claims within the borders of the country now internationally recognized as Israel.
- Conflict in Israel and Palestine: Crash Course World History 223 with John Green
- 2014-07-24 [L..T] Jeremy Scahill On U.S. Media Coverage Of Israel-Gaza Conflict: 'We've Hit All-Time Lows' "We could say this every time I come on your show and talk to you: we've hit all-time lows with media coverage in this country. [..] When you look at what's happening right now in Gaza, this is a massive massacre and one epic series of war crime after war crime, child after child being killed. [...] Israeli propagandists are largely given carte blanche to say what they want on American television with very little pushback."
- 2014-07-23 [L..T] MSNBC's Sole Palestinian Voice Rula Jebreal Takes on Pro-Israeli Gov't Bias at Network & in US Media "A week after public outrage helped force NBC's reversal of a decision to pull veteran reporter Ayman Mohyeldin out of Gaza, the sole Palestinian contributor to sister network MSNBC has publicly criticized its coverage of the Israel-Palestine conflict. "We are disgustingly biased when it comes to this issue," Rula Jebreal said Monday on MSNBC's Ronan Farrow Daily, citing a disproportionate amount of Palestinian voices and a preponderance of Israeli government officials and supporters."
- 2014-07-22 [L..T] Al-Jazeera Gaza offices evacuated after direct hit by Israeli fire "Israel's army has denied targeting the Gaza offices of al-Jazeera TV after the network's correspondents reported that the building had come under fire on Tuesday."
- 2014-07-22 [L..T] Otherwise Intelligent People