- Help category
- Guidelines and Policies:
- project:User Guide: things we encourage all users to do
- project:References: reference sites
- project:Arguing: terminology and how it works
- project:Arguing/guidelines: a detailed list of guidelines
- project:Debaticons: using icons to indicate the components of a debate
- project:Policies: arbitrary stuff that should be consistent
- project:About: general information about Issuepedia
- project:essays: index to on-site opinion pieces
- project:references: index of standard reference works and associated templates
- Issuepedia bug tracker at The Virtual Bazaar
- To add footnote references within article text:
<ref name="key">full footnote goes here</ref>
- The "name" attribute is only necessary if you want to refer to the same footnote more than once.
- The key must not be purely numeric.
- To display the list of footnotes:
- More complete instructions are on the MediaWiki reference site.
This page is in need of updating. Need some basic wiki-editing instructions here.
didn't I already create a page or section about templates somewhere? -W.
Ways of displaying and formatting content:
- Template:Dbrk: show double brackets around first argument, like a wikipage link (but don't actually link) - [[like this]]
Various conditions under which the complete text of an external article might be posted in Issuepedia:
- Template:Authored: reprinted with Issuepedia-specific permission
- Template:Copyrt: reprinted without permission
- Template:Fiskreprint: reprinted without permission specifically for fisking (maybe this is redundant?)
- Template:Fisking-incomplete: use this when you've posted the article but haven't finished fisking yet
- Template:Licensed: reprinted under the terms of a specific license
Places to find current news, especially items not generally covered by the mainstream press
These articles should be rewritten, updated, or scrapped: