2014/05/15/Women in secularism
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- when: 2014/05/15
- author: Kimberly Winston
- source: Washington Post
- topics: atheism/sexism gender inequity silencing women
- link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/religion/women-in-secularism-got-a-problem-with-that/2014/05/15/915b514a-dc56-11e3-a837-8835df6c12c4 story.html
- title: Women in secularism: Got a problem with that?
- summary: "Many of her harassers, she believes, are men in the secular community. They feel threatened by the inclusion of issues that go beyond the central pillars of the secular movement, such as protections of freedom and conscience and church-state separation They want to silence activists, like Hensley and others, who want secularism to address broader issues of social justice, economic equality and racism."
- h/t: Tony Sidaway on Google+