Jump to navigation Jump to search
- assault/by women
- Concerned Women for America - false advocacy organization
- erasure of women
- gender inequity
- rates of violence against women vs. trans
- violence against women
- war on women
- 2018/02/15 [L..T] Transgender Women Aren't "Women" "I wanted to talk about the fact that I personally find it kind of offensive when transgender people don't own the fact that they're trans." Video is Tweeted, and much debate ensues.
- 2018/01/15 [L..T] Arsonist TERF thinks trans women are immoral & should be beaten "I’m quite prepared to threaten violence because it seems to me that politically what they’re seeking to do is piss on all women. That’s what they’re doing for their personal gratification. There aren’t many of them, but what really offends me is the extent to which academia and political parties have listened to them in a way that they’re not listening to us as women." – Linda Bellos
- 2014/05/15 [L..T] Women in secularism: Got a problem with that? "Many of her harassers, she believes, are men in the secular community. They feel threatened by the inclusion of issues that go beyond the central pillars of the secular movement, such as protections of freedom and conscience and church-state separation They want to silence activists, like Hensley and others, who want secularism to address broader issues of social justice, economic equality and racism."
- 2014/05/14 [L..T] We all have to be brave "Michelle Farber, a midwife at women's reproductive health clinics, describes the impact of anti-choice protests on abortion providers and the women seeking their services."
- 2014/05/11 [L..T] Women in the workplace package becomes law "The Women's Economic Security Act, comprised of nine separate pieces of legislation, won legislative approval last week with bipartisan support. It forces about 1,000 state contractors to certify that they pay men and women equally for similar jobs, extends parental leave from six to 12 weeks and requires employers to make new accommodations for expectant and new mothers."
- 2014/05/07 [L..T] U.S. Women Saved $483 Million On Their Birth Control Pills Last Year "Compared to the data from 2012, about 24 million more birth control pill prescriptions were filled without a co-pay in 2013. That means each of the women filling those prescriptions ended up saving an average of $269."
- 2014/04/16 [L..T] Women's Lack Of Confidence Doesn't Cause Inequality. Sexism Does. "The authors are correct to identify what contributes to the confidence gap, they simply overstate the remedial effect of closing it. I can have the swagger of Don Draper, but if I'm a middle class woman with kids and a salary lower than annual childcare costs, I'm going to leave the workforce and come back to men who have edged ahead and think I'm a bitch for speaking my mind."
- 2014/04/01 [L..T] The Dollar-And-Cents Case Against Hollywood's Exclusion of Women "... we found that the data doesn't appear to support the persistent Hollywood belief that films featuring women do worse at the box office. Instead, we found evidence that films that feature meaningful interactions between women may in fact have a better return on investment, overall, than films that don't."
- 2014/03/15 [L..T] Council of Islamic Ideology declares women's existence anti-Islamic SATIRE: "The Council of Islamic Ideology (CII) concluded their 192nd meeting on Thursday with the ruling that women are un-Islamic and that their mere existence contradicted Sharia and the will of Allah."
- 2013/05/20 [L..T] 'We Have Always Fought': Challenging the 'Women, Cattle and Slaves' Narrative "And then there came a day when you started writing about your own llamas. Unsurprisingly, you didn't choose to write about the soft, downy, non-cannibalistic ones you actually met, because you knew no one would find those 'realistic.'"
- 2009/06/23 [L..T] How Women Will Be Hurt by Gay Marriage “...once they've experienced sex with other men, Catullus tells us, men are unsatisfied with what their new wives provide them.”
- 2008/07/18 [L..T] Girls gone guilty: Evolutionary psych on sex #2 “That is, if you went in with a different framework for explanation – like, "too many guys in one-night stands don't know how to satisfy women" or "women are better at sex than men" – you could construct another story around this data that was ... more plausible than 'women are programmed to want long-term relationship'...”
- 2008/07/03 [L..T] Nut launches death threats at Debian women ”Women working on Debian have been getting death threats from a nut job who believes they're killing free software.”
- 2008/07/02 [L..T] Women Say Economy Was Factor In Getting Abortions “There were 13,843 abortions performed in Minnesota in 2007. Of the women who listed a reason for their abortions, 40 percent cited economic concerns – the largest share since the state started collecting detailed abortion information a decade ago.”
- 2008/06/03 [L..T] Women and Science, again “There have been numerous posts about a recent report on the lack of women in science and technology careers, pointing to the sexism and macho culture as the main reason women leave these careers. Needless to say the comments on some of those posts have been frustrating.”
- 2008/01/21 [L..T] Saudi Arabia to lift driving ban on women “Saudi Arabia is to lift the ban on women drivers in an attempt to stem a rising suffragette-style movement in the kingdom. ... The move is designed to forestall protests for greater freedom by women, which have recently included campaigners driving cars through the kingdom in defiance of a threat of detention and loss of livelihoods.”