Charlie Hebdo/2015 shooting
Jump to navigation Jump to search
On Wednesday 2015-01-07, two gunmen forced their way into the Paris headquarters of Charlie Hebdo (CH) magazine and killed twelve people including two policemen outside, five CH cartoonists and two CH editors.
- /agendas: the shooting was used as an excuse to advance several different ones
- /Muslim sympathy
- /next issue
Conservapedia: no article on the shooting itself as of 2015-01-26
- 2015-02-05 [L..T] Russian Patriarch Again Supports Blasphemy Laws "Patriarch Kirill, the supreme leader of the Russian Orthodox Church, is unsurprisingly criticizing the publishing of cartoons that are viewed as blasphemous by some Muslims. Kirill was the main force pushing for harsh anti-blasphemy laws in Russia, so this is expected."
- 2015-01-26 [L..T] NY cops throw cold water on wild right-wing claims about 'Islamberg' terrorist training camp "It's kind of perplexing to us, all this recent media attention in regard to potential terrorist training camps and things that are going on there," said Delaware County Sheriff Craig Dumont. "We don't see it. We just don’t find any of that to be valid at this time." [..] Rumors about the Islamberg compound have been circulating for years but gained recent attention after the terror attacks in Paris."
- 2015-01-21 [L..T] Muslim Scholars Demand International Blasphemy Laws "A leading Islamic organisation has called on the United Nations to make "contempt of religions" illegal and urged the West to protect Muslim communities following the attack on French magazine Charlie Hebdo."
- 2015-01-19 [L..T] Anti-Muslim crimes soar in France in wake of Paris attacks "The National Observatory Against Islamophobia said 116 anti-Muslim incidents had been reported to authorities since the January 7-9 shooting spree by three French jihadists that killed 17."
- 2015-01-18 [L..T] WFAA: Anti-Muslim Protestors Rally Outside Peace Conference in Texas "I don't support their ideology. I don't support what they're doing," one protestor said about the conference – while those at the conference made clear they don't support Islamic extremists who shot and killed 12 people at the satiric publication Charlie Hebdo in Paris.
- 2015-01-17 [L..T] Charlie Hebdo's cover rejected by Muslim world "Many Muslims have expressed disgust at the deadly assault on the magazine's Paris office by Islamic extremists who killed 12 people. However many also remain deeply offended by the magazine's record of publishing cartoons lampooning the Prophet Muhammad. Those passions were further inflamed this week when the magazine's first issue following the attack carried a cover cartoon depicting Muhammad holding a "Je Suis Charlie" sign."
- 2015-01-16 [L..T] Hundreds expected to protest Islamic meeting in Garland "We asked if he saw a distinction between families going in, and terrorists who committed the murderous attacks in Paris. "I see common ground," he replied."
- 2015-01-13 [L..T] France - Muslims Feel Backlash After Paris Terror As Pig Heads Thrown Into Mosques "Abdallah Zekri, head of the National Observatory Against Islamophobia, said that in a 48-hour period after the Wednesday massacre at Charlie Hebdo, 16 places of worship around France were attacked by firebombs, gunshots or pig heads]]."
- 2015-01-13 [L..T] Farage blames Paris attacks on immigrants, UK foreign policy "Farage sparked yet more outrage when he claimed European governments have some 'culpability' for the shooting at satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo and a Jewish supermarket. [..] He further blamed the EU’s open door immigration policy for 'much of what has happened.'"
- 2015-01-12 [L..T] Jeremy Scahill on Paris Attacks, the al-Qaeda Link & the Secret U.S. War in Yemen "We speak to the reporter who broke this story, The Intercept's Jeremy Scahill, about al-Awlaki’s background and the Paris shooters' claims of militant ties."
- 2015-01-08 [L..T] How Muslim Scholars View Paris Attack (In-depth) "Muslim scholars responded quickly to the attack on the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo which killed 12 and injured 10. Slamming the incident as un-Islamic, scholars express anger towards the perpetrators who "betrayed and tainted" Islam rather than defended it."
- 2015-01-08 [L..T] Charlie Hebdo and Tsarnaev's Trial: Cui bono? Conspiracy theorist Paul Craig Roberts argues that the CH massacre was a false flag: "France is suffering from the Washington-imposed sanctions against Russia. Shipyards are impacted from being unable to deliver Russian orders due to France’s vassalage status to Washington, and other aspects of the French economy are being adversely impacted by sanctions that Washington forced its NATO puppet states to apply to Russia."
- 2015-01-08 [L..T] Just As The Islamic State (ISIL) Gets Exposed As A Fake US Enemy, A "Wag the Dog" Terrorist Attack in Paris? "Notice how every time the US government is about to be fully exposed in another boldface lie, this one being that ISIL is our sworn enemy, another wag the dog "terrorist" incident suddenly comes along to divert world attention. This time it was three heavily armed and trained gunmen in Paris attacking the office of the French satire magazine Charlie Hebdo, tragically killing twelve people. Of course like the US, France is notorious for arming and funding al Qaeda terrorists."
- 2015-01-07 [L..T] Sharpening Contradictions: Why al-Qaeda attacked Satirists in Paris "The horrific murder of the editor, cartoonists and other staff of the irreverent satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo, along with two policemen, by terrorists in Paris was in my view a strategic strike, aiming at polarizing the French and European public."
- 2015-01-07 [L..T] Special to The Los Angeles Times: Political Cartooning is Almost Worth Dying For "Political cartooning in the United States gets no respect. I was thinking about that this morning when I heard NPR's Eleanor Beardsley call Charlie Hebdo "gross" and "in poor taste." (I should certainly hope so! If it’s in good taste, it ain't funny.) It was a hell of a thing to say, not to mention not true, while the bodies of dead journalists were still warm. But these were cartoonists, and therefore unworthy of the same level of decorum that a similar event at, say, The Onion – which mainly runs words – would merit."
- 2015-01-07 $Islamists kill 12 in attack on French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo
- 2015/01/08/How Muslim Scholars View Paris Attack - yes, Virginia, moderate Muslims do condemn the Charlie Hebdo murders.
- 2015/01/08/Charlie Hebdo and Tsarnaev's Trial - Cui bono: conspiracy theorist Paul Craig Roberts argues that the CH massacre was a false flag attack
- 2015-01-09 Local Muslim Leaders Worry About Retaliation for Paris Terrorist Attack (Detroit)
- 2015-01-11 The Charlie Hebdo cartoons no one is showing you
- 2015-01-12 Charlie Hebdo Cover Features Muhammad Holding 'Je Suis Charlie' Sign
- 2015-01-13 Charlie Hebdo Cover Features Muhammad on Post-Attack Issue
- 2015/01/13/Muslims Feel Backlash After Paris Terror As Pig Heads Thrown Into Mosques ...and the very first comment is "And what do you expect? Muslims should continue killing innocent citizens, And everybody should pretend that nothing is happening? What would you do?" The next few comments echo this sentiment.
- 2015-01-18 Long-time presenter Jim Clancy leaves CNN after ‘anti-Israel’ Twitter rant (h/t) - some discussion of past Hebdo/Mohammed satire
- 2015-01-18 Protesters surround conference put on by Texas Muslims: 'You are not Americans' "We're here to stand up for the American way of life from a faction of people who are trying to destroy us." – protester
- 2015/01/19/Anti-Muslim crimes soar in France in wake of Paris attacks
- 2015-01-20 'SNL' ditz Victoria Jackson leaves right-wing bubble for campus Muslim rally, hilarity ensues
- Muslim community offended by post-bomb Charlie Hebdo cover:
- Islam in Paris: demographics and other statistics