This subpage is for notes on individual Google+ users.
These users have fixed views on certain issues but haven't clearly crossed the line into trolling:
- /Doug Leins
- Adam Kenigsberg:
- 2012-07-03 - doesn't like atheists or liberals; repeatedly calls me "miz" and "miss" as if he thinks he's scoring points (how common is this?) (may also be one or two other problematic users in that thread)
- Andrew Andrews: skilled GW denialist
- Christopher Shaker: GW denialist
- Ed Bradford
- Jacques Dupuis - actually does seem to have nuanced views, but seems to express them in ways that sound worse than they are.
- Jim Richardson - had to block him until I have time to research/organize his claims
- 2012-04-25 global warming denial (Vostok core)
- 2012-04-29 compares right's treatment of Rachel Maddow with left's treatment of Sarah Palin
- 2012-04-29 defender of the rich; discussion of taxes
- 2013-06-01 mapping out Jim's ethical system re helping others
- 2013-07-10 more GW denial: CO2 doesn't cause GW (Vostok core again)
- Joe Betsill -- probably should be classified as a troll, but he's definitely an issue idealogue too
- 2013-07-30 "He does this in every thread on the subject. Its a constant repeat performance from him. He'll compare gay marriage to incestual marriage as though they are no different....but of course he'll just say "incest" leaving it in the broadest of scope. Then of course will call you a hypocrite or make the claim you can't follow logic because you didn't discern that he didn't mean "incest" broadly, rather just a very small, defined version of it. Like you said....classic troll.?"
- k.c Baynes
- /Noel Yap
- Robert Hirsch
- finally blocked him after this
- Ryder Spearmann
- 2012-04-13 anti-Obamacare trolling
- Sean Turner
- Tonia Addison-Hall: major homophobe
- Acquistare Disegno -- see this thread.
- 2011-10-30: his account is now named "Pin Up Bot"
- Arthur Gwynne
- https://plus.google.com/104029794170508855321/posts/DvY5T47cbdz - serious, or trolling?
- I've also seen him be reasonable in other threads
- Chris Harrison
- https://plus.google.com/u/0/109027288459519863918/posts/CnmJBGXv2CN - dialogue about partisanship and global warming
- Craig Eddy: anti-Occupy movement, uses only flat emotionally-based statements
- /Dan Baker
- Jim Morris -- has twice deleted offending comments after being identified, so save copies (preferably both screencap and text) of what he says first.
- John Scott
- emotional manipulation in this thread: https://plus.google.com/u/0/102227800261183349957/posts/ESTe25TsYs6
- KC King
- Rob Campbell
- Scott Munro
- 2013-06-24 global warming denialism on a Bernie Sanders post
- Thomas Bushnell is reportedly a Google employee who essentially trolls any discussion of naming policy; see comment on this post (1 report only).
Trolling or not, these had serious problems relating to others who disagreed with them:
- /Gord Birch -- OMFG...
- Gregory Geller: /Gord Birch supporter - but later seemed okay (unless I'm confusing him with another Gregory; need to look this up)
- John Benussi: /Gord Birch supporter, trolling near end of this thread
- list of troll and sockpuppet accounts... by someone whose account looks similar to one of the listed accounts...?
Immune to Reason
- Jay Maynard makes me grind my teeth on some issues, while on others he is quite reasonable
- In this thread, Tony Sidaway describes him as "a professional noisemaker with nothing sensible to say on any topic", which seems reasonable.
- in this thread, he seems to be representing the views of the Foxagandized Masses; David Gerard says "Jay is not a troll, but believes every word he writes." -- but then clarifies "I didn't say he wasn't immune to reason. That's quite different from sincerity or not."
- in this thread he refers to the New York Times as "Pravda on the Hudson"
- in this thread, he gives a hint about his background
- Catherine Fitzpatrick: might sincerely believe what she says, but likes to cherry-pick and distort. Shava Nerad knows her IRL.
- Aaron Cole: insists that journalists must be objective and "report news, not make it"
- Gareth Baker
- Texas Judge Beats Daughter, And I'm So Glad She Taped It: comes in with what seems like an understandable viewpoint, but then ignores and mischaracterizes counterarguments
- graham mewburn
- e.g. - anti-evolution
- Marcin Ciszewicz (male, despite avatar): free-market cheerleader
- minor example; there are better ones
- Rich White
- Gurudatta Raut, aka Raghuvir Satyame Vijayate (Logically Genius)
Keep an Eye On
- Lance Norris (still active as of 2012-04-26)
- from this thread: "given a choice between he two, I'll go with the Right. Reagan added millions more jobs than Obama has without spending us into oblivion. The current Republican bills calling for lower taxes and other business incentives have been proven more than once. Obama's stimulus? Thanks to the Democrats we have more debt than at any other time in history and the job growth it was suppose to create still hasn't occurred." When asked for evidence, said he would provide it but was taking an ill relative to the hospital, "stay tuned".
- Jim Clark - account not found as of 2012-04-26
- In this thread, Rugger Ducky thinks he's trolling.
Users With Businesses or Knowledge
- byron rempel - etsy
- Christopher Hannigan - professional tax preparer
- David Whitlock - knows about cement - invented/commercialized "a process to remove unburned carbon from flyash so that the flyash could be used as a pozzolan in concrete and replace cement." ... "We have recycled over 10 million tons of flyash." comment here
Sympathetic types whose general location is known -- might be able to fact-check:
- Carolyn Martin: Waynesville
- Keith Bloemendaal (personal): Carolina Beach
- Kelvin Morrison: Durham
- Pam Spaulding (of course): Durham
- stephanie freund Holly Springs?
- Gary Walker - Cindy apparently recalls that there was a fracas