2018/11/05/Why is British media so transphobic
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- when: 2018/11/05
- author: Edie Miller
- source: Outline
- topics: transnegation/UK radical feminism TERF
- link: https://theoutline.com/post/6536/british-feminists-media-transphobic?zd=1&zi=ngu3tzky
- title: Why is British media so transphobic?
- summary: "The answer lies in part to the coalescence of a certain set of ideas in a very specific circle of voices in the early 21st century – voices that later went on to hold high profile positions in much of the U.K.'s print and broadcast media."
- 2020-07-10 [L..T] Cultivating a British flavor of narrow-mindedness "I saw the same thing in US skeptics, of course. But there was something fundamental going on that is also reflected in the British school of evolutionary biology, represented by Maynard Smith and Dawkins, that totally embraced reductive explanations and adaptationism, vs. the American subset led by Lewontin and Gould, who fiercely opposed eugenics and detested the arrogance of thinking biology could be reduced to a catalog of alleles." .. "Then there's the outcome of all this activity by bigots claiming the mantle of science – some people actually believed."